Enhance Gmail usage experience
Here are 7 web apps to enhance your Gmail Usage Experience. Presented as a list by Make Tech Easier, some of these applications are free, and some trial versions.
1) Boomerang at www.boomeranggmail.com/download.html - lets scheduling of emails to be sent
2) CloudMagic at http://cloudmagic.com/install.php - can search your mails faster than Gmail itself!
3) You need not forget any important actionable email, thanks to ActiveInbox at www.activeinboxhq.com/
4) Taskforce can convert your emails into tasks. Check it out at http://www.taskforceapp.com/
5) AwayFind can notify messages via your mobile device, a voice call, IM, or more. You can check it out at www.awayfind.com .
6) Greplin at www.greplin.com lets you search emails without having to login to your Gmail, supports access to Google Docs, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, Evernote and others, all with a single sign-up.
7) Rapportive at http://rapportive.com/ - can reveal everything about your contacts, right inside your inbox. From there, you can establish rapport, share interests and recent tweets, grow your network, follow them on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more.
Thanks to Mobile Receipt you can preserve your receipts electronically in just three steps - Point. Shoot. Save. Mobile Receipt solves the problem of the receipt clutter at the end of a business trip, personal trip or a hectic spending activity. The exceptionally user friendly Mobile Receipt converts the photo of a receipt taken with your phone into a high quality image and with a single touch, converts the data into a professional looking expense report. Mobile Receipt is easy to use and prevents you from being bogged down with paperwork. Benefits include: prevents losing receipts, eliminates cut and paste, expense reports with one touch - in PDF, RTF and TXT formats and attaches receipt images to PDF, easy to review all expense activity, customisable expense categories, and car mileage receipts with settable per mile/km rates. Says Mobile Receipt's Jan Charvat the application supports the rupee and over 80 other currencies, making the application very useful not just for domestic use within India, but for travelers as well
More details at www.miteksystems.com/MobileReceipt.asp
The Visual Understanding Environment (VUE) is a concept and content mapping application, developed to support teaching, learning and research and for anyone who needs to organise, contextualise, and access digital information. The VUE project is focused on creating flexible tools for managing and integrating digital resources in support of teaching, learning and research. VUE provides a flexible visual environment for structuring, presenting, and sharing digital information using a simple set of tools and a basic visual grammar consisting of nodes and links. Faculty and students can map relationships between concepts, ideas and digital content. VUE can be used by anyone interested in visually structuring digital content, whether in support of teaching difficult to understand concepts or more generally, a tool for organising personal digital resource.
VUE can be explored by downloading its v3.1.1 at http://vue.tufts.edu/download/index.cfm
VUE Screencast (QuickTime 49MB) at http://vue.tufts.edu/screencast/QT_hiRes.cfm
CYBERSTOP : 4 MAY 2011
DH reader Manjunath wrote
Pl suggest me a utility to download photos from Facebook.
You could try Pick&Zip, an online free tool which lets you download photos from Facebook in a single zip or pdf file. More details at http://www.picknzip.com
A QUOTE TO MULL OVER
The difference between what we do and what we are capable
of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems.
-- Mahatma Gandhi